Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting sound from microphone port of the sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mro83

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
I want to input sound from microphone input of my sound card to analyse the data by MATLAB software. my microphone is condenser type.

I want to know what are the signal levels used by sound card and if I can connect two mono microphone directly to microphone input and have a two channel input to the PC without amplifying the ignal of condenser microphone.

cheers for all

M.R.O

Perhaps you could record the sounds as a .wav file and have a matlab project that reads the .wav file.

The format of PCM .wav files is well documented and simple to parse.

Some sound cards have stereo mic inputs, but most have only one input. Check your owner's manual.

A condenser mic outputs roughly the same amplitude as an ordinary dynamic mic. When you speak into it, you'll get a few millivolts. Try it using any sound recording tool, such as Sound Recorder that comes with Windows.

for my project based on E1050 standard ( 2 microphone method for acoustic impedance tube ), I need two simultaneous mono input ( meaning a stereo input) with 2 condenser microphones.

my sound card microphone is mono so I should use LINE IN. can anyone introduce some (active) circuit to interface condenser microphone (tahat cannot rpoduce signal by itself) to line in of the sound card.

cheers for all

Try this high-gain condenser microphone amplifier:
**broken link removed**
and use only the pre-amplifier.
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back