Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson power splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

prulikowski

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am wondering if it is possible (I think should be) to design broadband multisectional Wilkinson power divider/combiner with unequal power split. I found many paper about the subject but they treat about multisectional design of equal split dividers or single section unequal split.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Pawel

yes you can. you just need to calculate the matching.
this is frequently used in feeding networks for arrays where one needs to implement a taper in the aperture of the array to generate low sidelobes.

hope that helps

kato01 said:
yes you can. you just need to calculate the matching.
this is frequently used in feeding networks for arrays where one needs to implement a taper in the aperture of the array to generate low sidelobes.

hope that helps

Thanks a lot, but maybe You have any references about that topic??? On the other hand does the power combiner with equal split has to be fed to input ports with the same power in order to keep good isolation or the power at each port may be different???

I don't think I ever seen 'papers' on that.
all you have to do is to calculate the powers at each output port. In microstrip voltage is the same at so from power ratio you find the the impedance ratio at the junction. then you match each port to 50 ohm
the only difference between the symmetric and asymemetric is the power ratio between the output ports.
make sure you normalize these numbers so that the input power is 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.