Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between Matlab and Simulink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonio_Magma

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, i'm a newbie to this forum.

I'm currently doing my final year project for my degree course. My project involves building a prototype for a power-line modem using OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing). This post will be the first of many posts and questions in the future.

I need a simulation software to simulate the channel conditions, noise environment of a power line, modulation, error coding etc.

I would like to know what is the difference between the software Matlab and Simulink? Or is there any other simulation software that anyone of you would recommend for digital signal processing?

And i would need a crash course on the software mentioned, if you know any good tutorial sites, i would appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Thanks guys...

Re: Matlab n simulink?

Hi,

Matlab:
environment for technical computing; explore, analyze and visualize data,
develop algorithms, interactive graphics and custom deployable tools
Simulink:
environment for model-based, system-level design; model, simulate, analyze and implement dynamic, multi-domain systems

Best source is www.mathworks.com but you can find a lot of tutorial in internet. Also you can find free files of matlab programs in www.mathcentral.com if you want application specific learning

Matlab:
environment for technical computing; explore, analyze and visualize data,
develop algorithms, interactive graphics and custom deployable tools
Simulink:
environment for model-based, system-level design; model, simulate, analyze and implement dynamic, multi-domain systems

thx emrek..but could you give examples? sorry for my poor english..

does this 2 software come in the same package?

Hi Antonio,

Simulink is only one toolbox from the whole matlab family! It means to run
simulink you need to install matlab before.

The main Matlab programm has only a command line oriented interface;
Simulink has a grafical interface, where you can draw your elements
like in a plan.

Take a closer look to https://www.mathworks.com/products/pfo/

hope this helps you :)

best: ricy

Ah...the overview really helped...thx ricy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com