Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to understand the voltage-source and current-source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqmz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in my opinion, the resistence of current-source is infinite ,and the ac-signal can not pass it , on the other hand , the ac-signal can easilly pass the voltage-source ,is it right ? please give me a help !

thank you !!!

Ideal voltage source is that from which u can draw voltage as u wish but voltage remain same.sly ideal current source deliver infinte amt of current without any change.ur assumtion is right.but i think u r little bit confused a abt ac source

just remember it this way:

an ideal current source is represented by a nortons model:a current source in parallel witha a resistance,so when this parallel resiatnce becomes infinite then the whole of the current sourced by the current source reaches the desired location or load resistor which is the usual destination.

now coming to a voltage source,an ideal voltage source is represented by a thevenins equivalent,so when the series resistance in its path is zero then u are going to give the whole of the voltage drop across the load,without any drop across the source resistance(which is built in resistance of the voltage source).also one more important point to remember in analysing circuits is that a capacitor acts as an open circuit to dc and allows only ac,all dc voltages act as shorts.

regards
amarnath

I think u r right in what u mentioned
In AC analysis any Current source ==> Open Ct
Voltage Source ==> Short ct
so the AC signal can flow through the voltage source.

Status
Not open for further replies.