Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed ADC in DIP package with up to 20 MSPS sampling rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

chupos

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, basically I need a high speed ADC, up to 20 MSPS, but in DIP package ><.
didn't find anything beyond 2 MSPS in DIP package, anyone knows any ADC in DIP package with up to 20 MSPS sampling rate?
Another point is... would a PICmicro or dsPIC be able to handle this rate? anyways this isn't the main point of my question :)

thanks in advance,
alex

adc msps dip

20MSPS ADC usually comes in SMT package. You can design a SMT-> THT converter or adaptor.

adc 20msps dip

What you need DIP packages for? Are you thinking in placing a 20MSPS ADC into a solderless prototype board? I´ll get messy.
dsPIC reach up to 30 MIPS so... basically you will not be able to handle 20MSPS

adc 20 msps dip

I mainly need DIP... for these reasons:
- prototyping with SMT ... sucks!
- soldering SMT ... sucks!
- rest of the board would probably be DIP

but anyways, if there's no other way, I would use a SMT ADC...
ehm, so about dsPIC... so whats about the maximum speed I can get with it? (sampling speed of an external ADC)
and, is there any other cheap DSP or MCU that would be able to handle it? should be easy to program, and be kinda at least somewhat popular, so there's enough information on it.
Maybe FPGAs and/or CPLDs would be a solution, but they are too expensive, especially to program.

Thanks for the info,
Alex

adc 10 mhz dip

If you are sampling a repetitive signal, you may not need 20 MSPS to get 10 MHz bandwidth.

If you want to stick with DIP and PIC you can't handle 20 MSPS but if you use an equivalent sampling technique you don't have to sample that fast to capture a repetitive signal and could still use a slower DIP ADC and a PIC.

Re: High Speed ADC

With such high speed sample rate, DIP package is rare,

you can try a soic package, the performance will be better

than DIP for its low parasitic inductance.

best regards

chupos said:
Hi, basically I need a high speed ADC, up to 20 MSPS, but in DIP package ><.
didn't find anything beyond 2 MSPS in DIP package, anyone knows any ADC in DIP package with up to 20 MSPS sampling rate?
Another point is... would a PICmicro or dsPIC be able to handle this rate? anyways this isn't the main point of my question :)

thanks in advance,
alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back