Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Service tip/ manual required for a Chineese made DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

egemini

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
I am having a DVD player which is fully dead. On inspecting the power supply, TEA1523P was damaged and it was replaced. All voltages on powersupply PCB on no load are correct.
Upon loading the powersupply with the processor board/DVD decoder board 5V drops to 2.8 and 12V drops to around 6.2V. But on checking the clock frequency on the processor board with a CRO, oscillations can be seen. But the display section and switches are not recognised.
The DVD decoder PCB contains following ICS BA5954FP, AV3169, AV2188, M5705, A290011TL, A428316S, SP3721A, LM393, RC4558, HY29F800ABT-70, HY57V64160HG etc...
Please help me to sort out the problem.

thank you

Re: Service tip/ manual required for a Chineese made DVD pla

Hi,
First check the power supply board for other faults. Try measuring the voltage by giving some load (using 500-1K resistor). If the voltage seems to be ok then there is a fault with the rest of the system. I think the power supply blew because of short-circuiting in the rest of the system. Power on the system; locate & check the parts (or IC) that are overheating/malfunctioning. Check the resisitors, diodes, transisitors & capacitors. (Note that resistors are to be checked even if they appear good). Check the input voltages of the ICs by using their datasheets for reference.

hello
the problem has been rectified.
It was due to a dry solder with SMPS.
Now its working fine
thank you

hi egemini
try this chinese schematic that may help u
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.