Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to send an SMS using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfanhab

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
send voltage thorugh sms

Hi,

I'm developing a security system where I require to send an SMS, through electronic means, not by manual dialing, now I know one solution could be to hook up each individual button on a cell phone and have a microcontroller dial it by successively shorting each button.
But is there any approach say where I could send data in 'serial' format to the cellphone and it could accept it and then some other commands to make it send the sms at a specified phone number.
Is there any way to controll a cellphone fully via a microcontroller??

Added after 58 seconds:

And besides, is there a way I can intercept incomming SMS to redirect them in text form to the microcontroller and have some processing carried out on them

sms pdu decoder with proton

Hi,

your problem has been dicussed here a lot of times.

Search the board for "PIC SMS" or search my posts and you will find nearly all that you need ...

best regards

atmel send sms

I am not sure which microcontroller will be of your interest, PICs, AVRs, ... 8051 ..
Anyhow, here is a link to a project on how to send SMS with NOKIA mobile phone and ATMEL microcontroller:
https://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102670/article.html
This article may give you some ideas on how to develope your project.
Regards,
IanP

baterai dummy siemens c55

Hello

Would you please help me to send any circuit schematic for connecting Siemens mobile C55/M55 serial cable with mcu AT89c51 Atmel series. :?:

I am making a project of sending status as SMS thru GSM.:|
I completely understand PDU format and AT commands.:|

I just want to know how to connect the serial data cable of Siemens mobile and mcu AT89C51 with each other.:?:

I directly connect this serial cable with PC serial port and send SMS but I want to do this SMS by mcu AT89C51. :|

Plz help me!:cry:

Thanx for your forum.:!:

siemens rx/tx send sms

see the website have a lot of links to SMS/GSM/GPRS
**broken link removed**

at89c2051 + send sms

I have seen the link of electronicaonline.com and I found some useful sites.
But I didnot find the schematic for the connection between mcu Atmel AT89C51 and Siemens Mobile M55/C55 serial data cable.
So could any one plz help me?

schematics intercept sms text

look this if it work, schematic and Pin-out of connector, some cable get VCC from serial port from DTR and RTS, if you want use it in microcontroller is better you use independent VCC because you have to use only TX and RX from microcontroller

t290 tx voltage

Peace upon you

aldevan said:
look this if it work, schematic and Pin-out of connector, some cable get VCC from serial port from DTR and RTS, if you want use it in microcontroller is better you use independent VCC because you have to use only TX and RX from microcontroller

this circuit used when you have RS232(from PC directly) but here if you use AT89c51 you have TTL levels i mean 0 & 5V not RS232 levels, So you don't need IC "max 232" as you have the same level of mobile. you need to connect Tx with RX and vice verse, and i think you'll need to connect 12V to mobile also

sms command in t290i

I think I am not clear to make you understood of my problem.
I have a Siemens C55/M55 mobile and its serial data cable. I have send SMS by connecting it directly to PC serial port and using Windoiws HyperTerminal program. I know what AT commands are used for SMS.
My main problem is that now I dont know how to connect AT89C51 with RS232-connector of mobile's serial data cable.
I require
mobile ----------- mcu
RXD | | TXD
TXD | Interface | RXD
GND | | GND
......... ------------- .........
Thanx a lot for your schematic and posts.

buck up sms c55 software

hi SAWS, this is correct, TX with RX, RX with TX and GND to GND, now you have to
make a program to 89C51 with seting baud rate and send commands AT the same a hyperterminal, if you make with hyperteminal is the same

pic c55 rx tx voltages

Siemens C55 Rx,Tx are on 3.3V logic. I think driving it at 5V will damage the phone.

nokia 6110 sms control schematic

are you sure is 3,3V? because in diagram schematic is 5V, but if is 3,3V you can usa a resistor with a zener diodo 3v3 to limite voltage in RX from cellular

hyperterminal 1100 security sms

Even the older Siemens phones operate at 3.6 V (battery voltage).

Simply put a 10K current limiting resistor in series with the TX line from the microcontroller, the phones have diodes that protect from overvoltage inside so there will be no damage ...

best regards

siemens send sms serial

C-Man said:
Even the older Siemens phones operate at 3.6 V (battery voltage).

Simply put a 10K current limiting resistor in series with the TX line from the microcontroller, the phones have diodes that protect from overvoltage inside so there will be no damage ...

best regards

This is correct, the only problem you might come up with is loosing the network when PIC tryes to talk to the phone @ 5V.

at command send sms m55

It seems that Siemens phone pulls down the RXD line when it receives a voltage higher than 3.3V. There is nothing wrong with the phone since i tried 3 different ones. Or is it that the phone thinks that it is connected to USB and swithces the interface to USB.

sms by at89c2051

SAWS said:
I think I am not clear to make you understood of my problem.
I have a Siemens C55/M55 mobile and its serial data cable. I have send SMS by connecting it directly to PC serial port and using Windoiws HyperTerminal program. I know what AT commands are used for SMS.
My main problem is that now I dont know how to connect AT89C51 with RS232-connector of mobile's serial data cable.
I require
mobile ----------- mcu
RXD | | TXD
TXD | Interface | RXD
GND | | GND
......... ------------- .........
Thanx a lot for your schematic and posts.

salam,

I know what you mean you need to make MCU as computer have RS232 port so you need IC as "max232" to convert from TTL levels to RS levels then connect it dirctly to RS plug, you will have now serial port as computer, {if you download data sheet of this IC you can find it connection easily}.

MCU ===> max232 ===> serial plug ===> mobile cable ===> mobile

You must take care to connect Tx in the first 3 block were the same, and also Rx

Added after 7 minutes:

I think it may help you.

tx rx nokia 1100 baud rate hyperterminal

please visit: spanish webb page
http://www.maicas.net/
is gps alarms gps
write us a mail
i have the protocol gsm pdu for cellular phone for pic micro
write in proton plus compiler
un2000@geo.net.co

how to send message to sao paulo cell phone

You can try my simple example written in C for 8051. This sample was tested in configuration AT89C2051 <-> C35 and T10s.

Required connections: 8051-Cellular: Txd-Rxd, Gnd-Gnd.
uC sends SMS: !!! ALARM !!! when appears "Sensor" signal

send sms with at89s51

This is tooo simple. Can you post some C routine that can encode / decoder PDU to text and send / receive sms.

rs232 help code with dtr proton

This has been discussed in other threads already like Nokia F-bus or M-bus thread or how to interface Nokia 3310 to send info through SMS etc. Please search the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back