Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differences between submicron and deepsubmicron process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prasanna Kumar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Recently one of my friends have attended an intw, in that the interviwer has asked him what is the difference b/n the submicron and deepsubmicron process?

I told my friend the following

1. as we go from submicron to deepsubmicromn process the effective GATE LENGTH reduces and this makes the CHIP work faster than submicron process.

2. Also as we go to DSM process the interconnect delays becomes predominent than the gate delays and also in DSM it causes
1) ELECTROMIGRATION EFFECTS
2) ESD

please correct me if I am wrong

Can any one tell me the following !

1) Advantages of DSM over SUBMICRON process
2) Disdvantages of DSM over SUBMICRON process
3) Advantages of SUBMICRON process over DSM Process
4) Disadvantages of SUBMICRON over DSM process

3) what is ANTENNA EFFECT.

I will be grateful if any one gives in detail description of the above because it helps us a lot in the interviews.

Thanks in Advance

ANTENNA EFFECT is long metal will collect charge, which will make the cmos gate broken

I think the process shrink is for speed reason. The DSM operating speed is much quick thant the SM. But the operating voltage is lower and lower in DSM. And the speed bottleneck is moving to metal connection. So in DSM below 0.13um, the metal connection is changed to Cu.

Yibin.

deep is under 0.18
sub is 0.25um

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back