Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cassette player motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack// ani

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
an6605

Hi all,

Anybody knows which sort of motor is used in audio cassette player? It’s a four wire motor with some electronic circuitry inside it. What is the function of this circuitry?

Thanks

cassette player motor

It is most likely a brushless DC motor. The function of the circuitry is to switch the voltage to the motor windings, depending on the position of the armature. In conventional brush DC motors, this switching action is performed automatically by the brushes, as the armature rotates. In brushless DC motor you need position sensors (usually Hall sensors) and small magnets on the armature, which will "tell" the electronics when to switch the voltage to which winding.

cassette player motors

The motors used in cassette players are conventional brushed DC motors which have an built-in electronic circuit for regulation of speed versus variable loads.
Some of them have 2 wires, but 3 or 4 wires are also seen .
In 2 wire models you have +vcc , GND .
In 3 wire models you have +vcc , GND , Fast (for fast forward and rewind action)
In 4 wire models you have +vcc , GND , 2 other wires are brought to the main board of player and usually they are connected to a potentiometer for adjusting the speed .

If you read the part number of IC used in the motor , you can easily find its datasheet and also some typical application circuits for more details .

motor cassette player

VVV said:
It is most likely a brushless DC motor.

This one is having a brush!

Added after 7 minutes:

Hi p_karimi,

Thanks, can you please point some link for the same. This one is having 8pin DIP marked 6605, where can I get the datasheet.

Thanks

small motor used in cassette players

Hi
It's full number is AN6605 from Panasonic (Matsushita) .
I remember that I downloaded it from web about 6 years ago .
If you couldn't find it ,please tell me to search my old documents and upload it if available .

Jack// ani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wiring a cassette motor

Cant find the datasheet anywhere! I will appreciate if you could upload it here.

Thanks

how to wire a cassette motor

Hi
I found 3 datasheets related to matsushita motor speed controller ICs , but not AN6605 .
These are: AN6650 , AN6651 , AN6652
AN6650 is an 8 pin IC and is to some extent similar to AN6605 , and I think it can be used for functional considerations.
The other two ICs are 4 pin ICs which are seen in some cassette players .

If I find AN6605 datasheet , I will inform you .

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back