Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import S2P file into Cadence SpectreRF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruritania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence s2p

Hi,

I'm using ADS Momentum to calculate the S-parameter of the inductor, and I have the problem of importing the s2p file into SpectreRF.

I found some references suggest to use the 'sptr' commond under spectre to translate the s2p file into the s-para file that spectreRF recognizes. However, I tried all the options of the command, still could not make it. Has anyone here done this before?

Thanks and regards,

Ruri

importing s-parameters in cadence

Which version of Cadence do you use ?? If you use 5.141 or 5.033 you don't have to do nothing, nXport components accept touchstone or ADS citi file formats.
But if you use 4.4.6 or before, you must use a program called as "sptr" that converts touchstone format into cadence format. In fact this program is very simple routine but it's quite useful.

import touchstone file cadence

If you are visiting DAC or MTT next month, go to Ansoft's booth and ask this question.

They will show you how to do it.

Itai

cadence touchstone

itaifrenkel said:
If you are visiting DAC or MTT next month, go to Ansoft's booth and ask this question.

They will show you how to do it.

Itai

Hi, itaifrenkel,

I don't think I'll join either of the conferences, if you do have the answer, could you please tell me here, or please PM me?

Thank you.

Ruri

touchstone cadence

sptr is touchy in that it expects a very specific header. Momentum and other software may very well output touchstone data format, but the header they generate may not be recognized by sptr and so you have to manually change it.

If I recall, the first line has to begin with:
! Libra

One more thing, the software only understands one format: either real-imaginary or magnitude-angle, regardless what your header says. I don't remember which one it was (it was a long time ago that I last worked in it). However, try magnitude/phase first and test your data using a simple n-port simulation.

Greg

Ruritania

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back