Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Width Modulation DC Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroniccrazy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pulse width modulation dc motor control

Hi everbody

simple question really, how does this circuit work?, see link

https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/motorcon.htm

also would this circuit be able to drive a motor from a standard R/C car?

and one last question for the people who are feeling adventurous, would this circuit able to connect with a remote control reciever to vary the speed or would i have to stick with just the pot to vary the speed in the motor?

please help cos im desparate! , hee hee

Thankyou!

projects on pulse width modulation

It's a astable multivibrator composed of nand gate and capacitor.the trigger generate pusles and drive the transistor then drive motor.

As mentioned earlier, this circuit does seem like an astable multivibrator that that gives out a rectangular waveform of certain duty cycle.
The control of direction is done by the switch S1 that connects to the motor.
As for your question of connecting it to a remote control, I don't find this circuit capable of it.
It doesn't have any means of changing neither frequency nor duty cycle externally, you would have to change values of resistors and capacitors with your hand in order to change the frequency here. ( i.e. speed of motor)
But you can manage to control directiong using an automatic switch.

been looking on the net and have found another circuit, is this better than the last one i mentioned or is it similar?

thankyou

Where is the circuit you mentioned ?
you forgot to upload it I guess :)

Yeah, I sort of like this one more indeed.
But still to change the speed you will need to change the potentiometer by hand.
Are there any electronically controlled potentiometers ? I don't know
I will try to post you later a circuit controlled digitally from a small controller circuit that might be efficient and controlled remotely.
Give me a day or 2 to check it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back