Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TE21 monopulse coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesuschrist

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

it, unfortunately, uses magic. Complicated antenna manifolds like this are more art than science. you are not going to find a simple paper to explain all the little twerks they added to their cavities to make it work.

I particularly liked Biff44's answer.

I do not have a specific answer but I would look carefully at a number of references. Skolnik, Radar Handbook; Stimson, Introduction to Airborne Radar: Volakis (air any of the earlier editions) Antenna Engineering Handbook; I suspect that D. Pozar might also be useful (Microwave Engineering) for more specifics. Basically a monopulse converter is a collection of hybrids and a corporate feed behind four horns that produces a main beam and difference patterns in elevation and azimuth. It can be used to guide an antenna based on a single pulse.

The references should provide you with a reasonably good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back