Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is not working for me (designing balanced amplifier, power splitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafff

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
its not working with me (balanced amplifier, power splitter)

hi everyone
i'm undergraduate student
and my project is to design balanced amplifier

6PqKe85.jpg

VLC4hme.jpg

STvtllF.jpg

uxfakO2.jpg

where did i get it wrong
any help please

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: its not working with me need your help guys

not that familiar with that one piece of software, but you are using a branchline 90 degree hybrid power splitter? Well they are very narrow band, so they will never work over .3 to 1.5 GHz range. The phase shift will not remain 90 degrees, and the split will not remain balanced.

Analyze just the power splitter without the transistor in there and you will see what i mean.

at such low frequencies, maybe a lumped element splitter? Maybe one from the MiniCircuits website for $5?

Re: its not working with me need your help guys

A little bit of specification would help to understand what problem you are experiencing.

Re: its not working with me (balanced amplifier, power splitter)

Hi. Are you designing a microwave power amplifier followed by a power splitter using balanced coupler? (90°, 3dB)?(this is what i remark from your ADS schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back