Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to identify frequency involve in Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luc_9

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys, I am new here and am unsure how to post my problem. I will try to be as specific as possible. I am trying to find out the operating frequency of a transistor but I do not know how. I do not think I have seen a datasheet mentioning a transistor frequency before usually it will mention in micro-controller or micro-processor. The Transistor I am identifying at the moment is BCP56T1 from Onsemi. Thank you for your help

Regards,

Luc_9

For the BCP56T1 the Ft is quoted as 130MHz.

However, transistors do not have an operating frequency, only a highest frequency at which they are usable as an amplifier. Think of it like asking how fast a car travels. There is no answer, it depends on the driver but you can say it has a top speed of 150Km/h.

Brian.

Hi,

about every transistor datasheet will have a frequency specification.

In your datasheet it is:
* "DYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS" - Current-Gain - Bandwidth Product
* and Figure 2

Hint:
Open the datasheet in a PDF viewer: do a search on "freq" or "Hz" to find those informations.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.