Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bandwidth calculation of transimpedence amplifier (on a common source stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sony019

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Bandwidth calculation of transimpedence amplifier(on common source stage)

Hello,
I want an equation to calculate the bandwidth/3db frequency of the circuit which is basically a transimpedence amplifier. Both the transistors are in saturation region.
Can you please help me out with some hints.
Thanks in advance.

Schematic.png

Re: Bandwidth calculation of transimpedence amplifier(on common source stage)

I can't recognize a transimpedance amplifier. Also, where's the amplifier output?

I can't recognize a transimpedance amplifier. Also, where's the amplifier output?
Output is in the drain of both nmos & pmos. Also this is an open loop configuration. I'm wondering how to approach first.

Hi,

this is an open loop configuration
I wonder if it is possible to build a transimpedance amplifier without feedback...

Klaus

There's a feedback resistance between gate and drain(output as well) of NMOS. I just omit it for simplicity.

Hi,

I just omit it for simplicity.
But you asked for bandwidth.... the feedback resistor will influence the bandwidth.
I may be wrong, but I think you can´t omit it for bandwidth calculations.

Klaus

Hello,
You're absolutely right. I need to calculate the bandwidth with and without the feedback resistor. So if I can find anyone of those I can do other one.
Thanks in advance.

Sketch an equivalent circuit of the post #1 schematic. You'll see an input and output pole if Cdg is small. Cdg however acts as Miller capacitor and performs pole splitting. Derivation in profound analog design text books, e.g. Gray/Hurst/Lewis/Meyer.

Thanks FvM for your reply.
In my case both Cgd & Cgs are around 3fF which is quite small. And input frequency is just 1hz. So do I need to consider this capacitance.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back