Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about prime-time output accuracy (significant digits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaileh.b

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about primetime output accuracy(significant digits)

hi dear all
i have a problem with primetime_PX .out file reports.this fil is containing power in watt and i want to have them in nano or micro watt.what should i do?
tnx to all

Re: about primetime output accuracy(significant digits)

Hi,

what should i do?
You urgently need to learn how to do this simple calculations on your own. It´s really basic stuff for any electronics.

Another way to find solutions is to use an internet search engine: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=online+calculator+nano+micro

Klaus

dear KlausST
thank you, but i just mean something like following image, actually the total power is sum of three component, net switching power, cell internal power and cell leakage power, each of them has 10, 9 and 6 significant digits, but the final result (total power) has 6 significant digits.while i want to have total power with about 9 significant digits.
do you have any suggestion for me?
thank you

photo_2017-12-09_10-32-08.jpg

Hi,

How accurate is a power estimation?
Expected error: +/-20%? Or +/-10%?

I doubt the error is better than 10%.

But you care about 0.178%. Those 0.178% are meaningless and thus the result doesn't show nanowatts.

Your speed meter in your car is more precise, but it doesn't show 6 digits like : 67.4567km/h.
It simply makes no sense.... especially if one knows that the true vale might be soemwhere inbetween 63 and 71 km/h.

Klaus

dear Klaus
I think I could not quite say my question. My goal is this : do you know any command or way to set the output precision or number of significant bits in time base power analyse?

dear Klaus
I think I could not quite say my question. My goal is this : do you know any command or way to set the output precision or number of significant bits in time base power analyse?

have you checked the documentation? if nothing is said, I believe this is automatically rounded up to a number of digits that makes sense for a human reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back