Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a standard Stack-up for 6L PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennolde

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'd like to optimize this kind of stackup suitable to make L7X{(M~E%8095JY5QN`J{{2.png

It's 3 Fr4 and 2PP,and It's not symmetry, It's better for 3 PP, 2Fr4, and make the thickness same.it will be easer to make and reduce your cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

There's no single standard stack-up. At best, PCB manufacturers have a preferred stack-up for general purpose boards that are e.g. made in a production pool. You can browse respective manufacturer web sites, like this http://www.pcb-specification.com/uk

You can presume that a "standard" 6L board is made with two cores. Copper weight, substrate and prepreg thickness vary depending on application requirements.

Hi Mate. Yes,You can try to change it into 3 PP, 2Fr4, and make copper thickness symmetry, which will be helped to lower your cost in some certain.

I'd like to optimize this kind of stackup suitable to make View attachment 143116

It's 3 Fr4 and 2PP,and It's not symmetry, It's better for 3 PP, 2Fr4, and make the thickness same.it will be easer to make and reduce your cost.

The board is symmetrical, its around the board centre line that is critical. As the copper weights are all the same for the inner layers you can have it built how you want foil or cores. You can have what you want these days, but anything other than a manufacturers standard method does involve extra cost...

Hi Kennolde,

Your stackup is symmetrical and balanced as copper weights are equal on both sides of core. This makes it a standard 6-layer stackup.
But this would not be the best if your are using it for EMI/EMC application. I would recommend this:Capture.PNG

There are 4 things that make this stackup work well.
- The close proximity of ground to EVERY trace.
- Signal 3’s secondary reference plane (Layer 4) is much greater than the distance to Layer 2.
- The close proximity of Power and Ground Planes creates planner capacitance.
- Tracing between signal layers 1 and 3 requires no special treatment.

Let me know if you need anything else on this.

Thanks my friend, I've got the way from a pcbastore, it will be like( SM/Copper/PP/Core/PP/Core/PP/Copper/SM ) which is the cheapest stackup for my design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back