Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] Need help in intefacing atmega1281 with gsm and lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharks12

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need some help in configuring the USART for atmega1281 with LCD and GSM SIM900 to just send some basic AT commands like a text message and see the result on LCD or pc screen.
I just cant figure out how to do it. I've connected the microcontroller to GSM via Port E as that is USART0, connecting RX (bit 0), TX(bit 1) and GND.
Atmega1281 is connected to PC via serial to USB comms written in C with Atmel Studio 7
GPRS Shield UART is 19200 bps 8-N-1.
Bought from
https://www.banggood.com/SIM900-Qua...rd-For-Arduino-p-964229.html?cur_warehouse=CN

How can I send commands via hyperterminal to allow this to work?
If you have a sample code for which I can work on and help me configure, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :smile:

Are you aware that UART signals from uCs are within TTL limits whereas these GSM modules in general operates in RS232 electrical standard ? The above link do not provide much information about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.