Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vendor specific macros for Igloo2

Status
Not open for further replies.

filip.amator

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

Does anyone know how to generate PLL macro for Igloo2 family? Usually I would use SmartGen (Version: 11.8.0.26) distributed alongside LiberoSoC package. But when you select Device/Family (under Workspace Settings) to IGLOO2 the left panel, which usually contains different categories, is empty. I tried to use a code generated for IGLOO but it does not work ("Warning: CMPG4-008: PLL is not a Microsemi cell defined in the cell library.").

My recently installed version of 11.8 SP2 required that I download the IP before any IP showed up in the Catalog. Prior to downloading the IP, all of it showed up as greyed out.

My recently installed version of 11.8 SP2 required that I download the IP before any IP showed up in the Catalog. Prior to downloading the IP, all of it showed up as greyed out.

When I launch SmartGen it checks for a new IP cores. My SmartGen windows looks like that:

Clipboard01.png

Usually the left panel contains some macros for counters, pll, ccc, etc. When selected family is ProAsic3E then everything works fine.
There is a large selection of IP Cores in the main "Libero" software under the "Catalog" window but those are much more advanced Cores like bus interfaces, dds cores or memory controllers.

Could you tell me how did you download those IP cores?

- - - Updated - - -

When I launch SmartGen it checks for a new IP cores. My SmartGen windows looks like that:

Clipboard01.png

Usually the left panel contains some macros for counters, pll, ccc, etc. When selected family is ProAsic3E then everything works fine.
There is a large selection of IP Cores in the main "Libero" software under the "Catalog" window but those are much more advanced Cores like bus interfaces, dds cores or memory controllers.

Could you tell me how did you download those IP cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back