Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I report timing in Prime TIme using multiple libraries in a combinational cir?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javierh.santiago

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings,

How can I report timing in prime time using multiple libraries for a combinational circuit?

I am using following commands, where "complete.db" is a library that would consider aging effects in the circuit. So, I would expect that prime time gives me a longer timing (but the optimal clock frequency) in order to ensure reliability after several years.

set link_path " NangateOpenCellLibrary.db complete.db "
read_verilog nBitAdder_netlist.v
link_design nBitAdder_netlist

However, when I do "check_timing" or "report_timing", the tool says "No constrained paths". Does anyone can provide some advises? Seems that I have to indicate some constrains, but as this circuit is pure combinational, I am not sure which ones.

P.S. Netlist is just a simple adder, C = a+b, I just need to start using aging library and prime time prior beginning my research project

Regards,

Try to use set_max_delay <value> -from a -to C

Thanks.
Is there a way to calculate the critical path without being too much specific ("a" and "C"), I mean, for this case it works very good. However, for a digital design with multiple ports, How can I get the critical path?

You can try this:
set_max_delay 0 -from [all_inputs] -to [all_outputs]

If your design, constraints, and scripts are correct, just issuing report_timing with no arguments will give you the critical path. Doesn't matter which libraries are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back