Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Search the name of a sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

senmeis

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

can anyone tell me what is the name of this sensor in rocket: It outputs an ON/OFF signal based on the available amount of fuel in the tank?

Senmeis

Re: search the name of a sensor

Fuel level sensing switch.

Level sensing uses a float system, it assumes the float is less dense than the fuel and will therefore lie on top of it. In a rocket I'm not sure that would be the case or indeed that gravitational pull could be assumed to pull at normal level or downward. I would think a pressure operated switch would be more appropriate.

Brian.

Whatever this is called, can you please mention some vendors which manufacture such products. I couldn’t find any commercial products called Fuel level sensing switch or pressure operated switch.

Senmeis

Exactly what kind of fuel is being used? Rockets are basically jet-engines and the liquid fuel will also need oxygen (that also becomes the fuel technically speaking) and both need to be monitored.

This is pretty vague. What kind of fuel? You can't just use a float switch because the attitude of the rocket changes. You could use a capacitive sensor or something similar. I think you need to tell us more about your application. And, as mentioned, there's two components in rocket propulsion.

Search " cryogenic liquid level measurement-American magnetics". Maybe they can help you out. It's unclear exactly what your asking for.
Do you want to sense when the tank is full and automatically close a fill valve.
Are is the sensor to monitor the levels in the fuel and oxidizer tank inflight.

OK. As far as I know this sensor measures the fuel content with O/E technology and output a High/Low voltage indicating if there is still fuel in the tank.

Senmeis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back