Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Rectenna S11 Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndequeiroz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i'm doing a rectenna design and i want to extract the reflection coefficient.

I've made the matching impedance using a smith chart, just like this

S11SmithChart.png

So, i used the s-parameters simulation, and i had this :

S11Bug.png

Why?

So, i've made another cell with just the S-parameters simulator controller, now i have this

S11Circuit.png

But if i take the value of rectifier impedance and simplify the circuit (just a resitor in series with a capacitor) i have another result

S11SimplifiedCircuit.png

So, my question, which one is correct?

Thanks

What are you doing? S11 in dBm? Values > 0dB?

That's the point, i'm totally new on RF design so i'm a little lost in all this stuff, i'm reading some articles yet... I have all these graphs in dB too...

S11CircuitSmithChart.png

S11CircuitS-Parameters.png

What are you doing? S11 in dBm? Values > 0dB?

Hi Dr.Volker Why i have different results, the harmonic balance controller influences the result?

This is the config with the smith chart tool, and S11 in dB

S11CircuitSmithChart.png

And this is the config. with just the S-parameters controller

S11CircuitS-Parameters.png

Which one is the correct?

Please follow the Tutorials of ADS and Review your RF knowledge..Make them strong enough before jumping into ADS ..
I know you're newbie but you just jumped into simulator without any RF background..( you don't know even s-parameters, what they are, what they are used for..)
Please do it and come back..

Please follow the Tutorials of ADS and Review your RF knowledge..Make them strong enough before jumping into ADS ..
I know you're newbie but you just jumped into simulator without any RF background..( you don't know even s-parameters, what they are, what they are used for..)
Please do it and come back..

Yes, you are right... I'm reading some papers and i bought a book, but i'm a little confused yet... But can you help me with this simulation issue? Am i doing the simulation incorrectly?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back