Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Cherry Hooper amplifier with emitter feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I have designed a Cherry Hooper amplifer with emitter feedback for my thesis. I am gettign a little bit of deviations betw. 38KHz and 2.5 MHz for a frequency range of 100Hz to 300GHz (I am working on higher frequency range). I don't know why there is such a descrepancy. I need a steady voltage output till say 1 GHz and then tje voltage has to gradually decrease. It would be helpful for me if anyone let me know where the error is. I need to caclulate the voltage output from 100Hz to 300GHz. I have maintained the common mode voltage at 3.1V. A quick reply would be really helpful. I have attached the simulation graph along with this post. Thanks in advance.

ch_amp_output.jpeg

Re: Cherry Hooper amplifier with emitter feedback

I would expect to see a respective pole-zero combination, respectively pole + feedforward in the circuit schematic.

Hi FvM,
I couldn't get your point

You are presenting a gain magnitude curve without any circuit details, which answer do you expect?

You are presenting a gain magnitude curve without any circuit details, which answer do you expect?

Ok, here is the circuit

tb_cherry_hooper.jpeg
emitter_follower.jpeg
CH_amplifier_schematic.png

Wrong bias is just an assumption because you put 400 mV differential in and get only 4V out. But no actual bias or supply voltage levesl are shown in the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.