Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA Vertex -6 ML605

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayyab786

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GPIO of FPGA Vertex -6 ML605

which port of FPGA vertex 6 ML605 use as a GPIO like in audino and ressbarry pi. There are FMC-HPC connector present in the board. can this connector use as GPIO?

Xilinx provides a schematic of the ML605 which you can download off their website for this board.

Xilinx provides a schematic of the ML605 which you can download off their website for this board.

i already see their data-sheet of xilinx vertex6 ml605...There are two FMC-HPC connector present in the board. the question is can this connector use as GPIO?

I don't use the ML605, but looking at its datasheet now.
The FMC-HPC types are all differential, *_N and *_P, which are not (normally) not used as GPIO pins.

See the user I/O section, LCD character display (16 characters x 2 lines), there you might be able to use *some pins* as GPIO. I am not sure.

You can use the HPC signals as single ended, but you will have to deal with the cross-talk issues, I would suggest only using either the _p or the _n pins and output GND on the other pin of the pair, to avoid any cross talk issues.

Reactions: dpaul

dpaul

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back