Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not able to open .DSN file in Orcad 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimconlighting

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have OrCAD 10.0 installed in my PC but not able to open .DSN file, getting following error when i try to open it.
please let me know how i can open the file.

Attachments

• orcad file opening error.JPG
    orcad file opening error.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 197

Yes may be its like that only that's why the software displays message like this.

Yes may be its like that only that's why the software displays message like this.

You can download OrCAD Lite and open that schematic in it.If the circuit has no more than 75 components, you can also design your PCB with this Lite edition.

A .DSN file is a design created by Proteus up to version 7.9 , can Orcad open Proteus files? Could there have been mix up?

A .DSN file is a design created by Proteus up to version 7.9 , can Orcad open Proteus files? Could there have been mix up?

Orcad also uses the .DSN extension for their design projects.

Orcad 10 is very old. My guess is also that the .DSN is from a later Orcad release.

Actually i need to convert .DSN file to altium but when i do so i get following error, so please guide me.
Generally i do convert files from orcad to altium but these time i am getting error don;t know why?

Attachments

• IMPORTING ERROR.JPG
    IMPORTING ERROR.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 163

So far it has not been clear whether you are aware of whether this file was originally generated on Orcad or some older version of Proteus. In cases like this, instead of making blind attempts, the best thing to do is try to open the file directly in a text editor and look for some textual indication in some segment of its content for keywords "orcad" or "proteus", as well as their versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, taking a look here at the contents of 2 DSN files, either from Orcad and Proteus, I could find the "Orcad" keyword for the first one, but only the "ISIS" keyword for the second cad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back