Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commutation problem when power equipment is turn ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja.p

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
i am working on AC DC converter , which is controlled by micro controller. In that for as per customer requirement we are giving on front end gui software .. this software is communicate with micro controller and read the required values and display on gui which is place in PC .. This is actual requirement..
with out turn on the Input AC source to equipment controller to gui communication is ok..
but when turn ON input AC source to equipment communication is breaking .. it show msg " NO COM PORTS are denied and COM PORTS are OPEN in GUI.. And com ports are enabled ..
what is the problem..
please help meee

Re: commutation problem when power equipment is turn ON

The problem is called EMI (electromagnetic interference).

What kind of interface are you suing between micro controller and PC? "NO COM PORTS" sounds like you have USB-to_UART bridge on the PC side which is stopping operation when the power electronic is activated. In this case you should consider an opto-isolated interface and a noise-immune interface standard like RS-485.

As a minimal measure, a common mode choke for the interface line (ferrite torroid core) might help.

The observed problems also indicate that your converter is generating strong RF interferences and may be disturbing mains connected devices and radio receivers in the vicinity. It's probably not complying with EMC regulations.

Re: commutation problem when power equipment is turn ON

thank for u r reply sir
i am using USB to serial communication..
IMG_20171105_095130.jpg
please find my attachment

how i solve this problem

You can try a ferrite toroid as common mode choke for the USB interface.

CM-choke.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back