Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion: Test Instruments forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

campylobacterchicken

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'd like to suggest to add a sub-forum for Test Equipment. A search showed that there are quite a few test equipment related questions which often drown in the actual topic of the forum they were posted to.

A Test Equipment forum would be for questions and discussions around the selection/purchase, use and repair of test instruments like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, DMMs, signal generators etc.

What do you think?

The section "Service Manuals, Requests, Repair Tips" is more broad and cover this topic. In my particular opinion the forum on its actual shape has a lot of subsections and could be shrunk rather than enlarged, anyway administrators are always attentive to suggestions.

It's not just in "Service Manuals, Requests, Repair Tips", test instrument related questions can be found in other sub-forums as well.

Also, I can't see how "Service Manuals, Requests, Repair Tips" would be a proper place for asking test instrument related questions, the title alone suggests that it's more concerns with repairs and the actual item to repair.

My suggestion to put test equipment related questions in a separate sub-forum is simply because testing properly is an art in itself, with a lot of errors made even by experienced engineers. This is even more true for selecting a new piece of test equipment, which is difficult if you don't know the market.

As to the forum size, I think it's more of a problem of organization, i.e. too few categories for the many topics that are discussed on EDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back