Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect bluetooth headset or bluetooth remote controller to RN-42?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mina_K

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a HC05 bluetooth module with RN42 6.15 firmware. I've tried a lot for connect this module to bluetooth handsfree or bluetooth headset with related AT command but I couldn't. First printed "trying" and then "connect failed" as result. How can I solve this issue? I tried both the SPP and HID profile.

Hi,

I may be mistaken, but isn´t the HC05 module for data transmission, like in UART sytle?
It needs a lot of effort to use this module for audio.

Why don´t you use dedicated "bluetooth audio" modules? Plug and play. No AT commands.

Klaus

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for your response.
I've upgraded my HC05 with RN42 firmware. Then it could support some profiles such SPP and HID.
Actually I have a virtual reality (VR) remote controller and I need to connect it to my PC via this module (HC05 with RN42 firmware). So see and decode output of vr remote keys in terminal (I use docklight for this purpose). As I said in terminal I got connect failed.
Do you have any idea about connection between vr remote controller to terminal via this module?

Hi,

I have no experience with "selfmade audio via bluetooth"... (I find it is too much effort, because there are cheap ready to by modules for that - similar to your HC05)

But I recommend to use some standard protocols like A2DP.
(I assume this can´t be made with HC05)

Klaus

As you can see in the attached picture, I have VR remote controller. I have connect this to PC and get output data in the terminal, for example with pressed "A", it's expected get something like 0x55 code. I need this codes. So I used the HC05 for this connection. As I said it's possible to upgrade HC05 firmware with RN42 firmware. I've tride both of them.
download.jpeg

Hi,

Now your post sounds like indeed your application has nothing to do with headset and audio.

Please confirm that you just want to transmit data from your remote controller to a PC.

In this case...I've done this before. There are two major pitfalls:
* You need to input the pairing code at your PC. Try something like "1234"
* and your microcontroller needs to match the UART setup of the HC05 module. Maybe 9600 baud, 8N1.
Check baudrate with tight tolerance.

Usually no need for AT commands.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back