Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F97J60 interface with esp8266

Status
Not open for further replies.

samizard

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys.
This time I have to connect my pic module (pic-maxi development board) to internet and I have to use esp8266 for that. I am trying to study the interfacing by going through usart connection.
So can you guys help me with this interfacing by providing any example code or any suggestions on this question.
I am using c18 compiler for this.
Thank you.

There is no specific suggestion to give you, there are inumerous examples on the web which you could use as start point. Moreover the question as posed is incomplete. Just saying "connect to internet" is a broad specification, you did not specify whether this module will work as server or client.

Client, since i want to update some values on a site.

It is pointless. 8266 is arm core processor with support of wireless communication and RTOS. It is 1000 times more powerfull than any 18F pic.

OKKK....But I am told to use 8266 with pic......

Told by whom? Is this a class exercise or is your boss an idiot?
Susan

Pic is used for performing other task like display, keyboard, analog output/input, digital input/output.
And the pic is to be connected to internet for further process so esp8266 is used for that purpose.
All the other interfacing code is done by using c18 compiler.
So will I get any help on this topic..????

Hi,

For global information: read post#2 and follow the recommendation.
I see no need for a new description that tells the same as all the others.

You are welcome to ask questions about details, then:
* show your schematic (yes, yours. Not an internet schematic)
* show us what you have done so far
* show what you want to achieve and how you tried to achieve this.
* tell us exactly what you expect ... and what you see instead.
* tell us how you tried to debug the problem on your own

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.