Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS radiation pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRX

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I design 2 patch antenna on pcb, each of them there is a port, when i look on rediation pattern result, is the radiation pattern belong to both of them ? how i can see only the radiation pattern of one antenna ?

Thanks,

Doron

I think you are asking how do you excite only one of the antennas -- since the simulation results will include the effects of coupling between them.

Go into menu "HFSS"->"Fields"->"Edit Sources". Here you can control the excitations of your various ports.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I enter to "Edit Sources" and see that both ports are unchecked, How i receive Radiation Pattern ?

Set the magnitude of the excitation (voltage or power) of the port you want to a non-zero value, and set the rest to 0. Then view the radiation pattern.

and the port that i does not want to excite how i terminate it to 50 ohm ?

If it's a wave port, it will automatically match itself to the transmission line you connect it to.

If it's a lumped port, you set its impedance (default should be 50 Ω).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back