Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: How is this large two pin mains connector called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyl

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey.
The connector I am looking for was widely used in CRT TVs for the connection of degaussing coil and the mains power cable.
Some photos:
monitordegaussingcoil.jpg
testingdegaussingcoil.jpg
How is this connector (socket/plug) called and how to find it for Eagle CAD?

Hello Garyl,
I doubt you'll find that component in any Eagle library.
You could possibly match it up to existing connectors within the starndard
library connectors. Otherwise you would have to create you own library part.
The closest I could see in my library was the: con-hirschmann/MPB1 That's provided
that the pin pitch is 10.16mm. The only other problem is the hole diameter, as I can
see that the MPB1 holes are no where big enough.
As I've already said, you're best off creating you own library part for it.
Regards,
Relayer

Relayer, your suggestion would be great, but it seems that this connector is bugged in my version of Eagle.
singlepinconn.png
On the schematic it has only single connection for single wire.
And the both green solder points are connected together internally on the boar.d

MPB1 is a single circuit connector (horizontal 4 mm jack), only at first sight similar to the questioned two circuit connector.

The question seems pretty vague to me. Looking sharp, I'm under the impression that the two photos are showing different connectors. I would expect a clear connector specification with pin pitch and pin diameter.

The question seems pretty vague to me. Looking sharp, I'm under the impression that the two photos are showing different connectors. I would expect a clear connector specification with pin pitch and pin diameter.

You may be right, but I need this connector library only for DIY purposes, and not for production. During past years I scrapped many CRT TVs, and almost every CRT TV has such two connectors. First one is used to connect degaussian coil to the PCB, and second is used to connect the 220V plug to the PCB. And the pins/sockets are interchargeable between connectors from different TV, so at least their size is standarized.

O.K., why don't you tell the pin pitch and -diameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.