Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: 5v POWER SUPPLY PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp1311.dp

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
as per attachment
when i connect lm7805 instead of lm78l05 the mosfet q1 is short
what will be the problem and how to solve that

Attachments

• Battery charger 25917.pdf
    281 KB · Views: 119

Re: 5v POWER SUPPLY PROBLEM

Hi,

Maybe:
* LM7805 is defective
* it is no 7805
* you connect it the wrong direction

can you show two picures:
* PCB with 78L05 connected
* PCB with LM7805 connected.

Klaus

I am connection proper input output pins of lm7805 as per datasheet
if there is no micro-controller connected circuit works fine
after connecting that it create the problem as i said

I also want to know that mosfet Q1 works correctly as a diode??

I also want to know that mosfet Q1 works correctly as a diode??
Q1 is NOT in a diode connected configuration... if that was what you were thinking.
The way Q1 is connected looks like a reverse polarity protection. I guess you took care of its maximum source-gate voltage.

Yes i am using it as a reverse polarity protection. Is it proper connection??
Does this configuration cause problem to the lm7805??
Because the circuit works correctly with the lm78l05 but when i connect lm7805 Q1 goes short

Is it proper connection??
Yes.
Does this configuration cause problem to the lm7805??
No.
Because the circuit works correctly with the lm78l05 but when i connect lm7805 Q1 goes short
Q1 is supposed to be a short circuit whenever the proper polarity source is applied.

Mosfet gets totally short circuited means gate drain and source all are short with each other
What can i do for this problem

Hi,

Is Q1 backwards ? USB VCC 78 something or other hard to read is an output is it, not an "IN"? I think that Q1 is connected incorrectly.

What can i do for this problem
Start with a better schematic and re-read post #2.

Is Q1 backwards ? [..] I think that Q1 is connected incorrectly.
The solar panel charges the battery when the "PANEL_PWM_OC0B" says so. Otherwise, the battery does not get any charge because the Q2 P-MOSFET's Source-gate is shorted by the solar panel.

That being said, Q1 is a reverse polarity protection circuit for the solar panel inputs and Q2 controls when the battery is being charged via controlling Q3, respectively "PANEL_PWM_OC0B".

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Everything was worked properly with lm78L05 which has a 5v/100ma output,somtimes after 3/4 hours of continues working it get hot.
So to solve that i was suggested to use lm7805 which gives 5V/1amp output,when i connect pin1 of the lm7805 to the input means after D2 and D3 in my circuit and pin 3 to the output means +5V connections of the circuit,pin 2 to the circuit ground,after doing this it makes burn the microcontroller and mosfetQ1,and lm7805 still gives 5v output it doesnt effected by all this.
Which part cause the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.