Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed please to choose a suitable PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a PIC with the following attributes.
One that I can write assembly programmes using MPLAB IDE. I don't have the time to learn the MPLAB Xpress.
A 40 pin DIP package that has at least 16 i/o with Interrupt on Change. (I need at least 28 i/o in total)
An internal oscillator would be ideal, but not essential. I can use a crystal if necessary.

The osc frequency is not critical. Anything from 32 kHz upwards.

I have searched the Microchip web site for a list of the attributes of the various PICs.
Such a list may exist, but I could not find anything useful.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Len

A 40 pin DIP package that has at least 16 i/o with Interrupt on Change.
Do you need all 16 i/o pins as Interrupt on Change? or 3 to 4 pins are enough as Interrupt on Change?

Yes, I need 16. There are plenty of PICs such as the 16F877 that have 4 IOC pins.
Len

Hi,

The latest PIC16F1xxxx have IOC almost on each pin ;=)
e.g. the PIC16F18877, the big big brother of the venerable PIC16F877A
Additionally, I suggest you use MCC plugin in MPLAB X to generate code as these new PICs have lots of new registers ;=)

Regards

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.