Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Tracking Servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

garimella

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to simulate the simplified model of RDC (AD2S90). The issue is to design proper compensator for this model to track constant velocity with zero velocity lag. Not very clear how to proceed. As suggested in the data sheet (page No.9) I tried to add a compensator (K/s * (s+a)/(s+b)) between low pass filter and the VCO. But from simulation(step response), it appears to oscillate. Where am I going wrong? Almost all the data sheets that I came across recommend the compensator with the above mentioned transfer function, but in simulation, it does not work. How to proceed?
RDC_No_Compens.JPGRDC_with_Compens.JPG

Circuit with compensation works well for velocity input but oscillates for step input? Any insights

Status
Not open for further replies.