Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] Need embedded c code for adc7135 interfacing with N79E352 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuradhasuratekar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using clock,busy,run/hold and polarity pins of adc for interfacing with microcontroller.i am facing difficulty in reading counts of loadcell which is connected to adc.here are connections
busy-INT0,clock-T0 & T2,run/hold-wr,polarity-rd

Re: need embedded c code for adc7135 interfacing with N79E352 microcontroller

Hi,

Show your schematic, your test circuit, the test conditions and the test results.

Klaus

don't have schematic...

if anyone knows the logic then please help me...

Hi,

don't have schematic
--> Then use a pencil and a sheet of paper
(There is a good cause why we professionals use a schematic. It avoids errors)

The logic is given in the datasheet.

Not showing what you have done so far (no schematic, no code, no flow chart, no description...) seems that you did nothing, just want someone of us do your job.
This is not what a forum is for.
If you expect someone to do your job, then consider to pay for it.

Klaus

adc7135 is not suitable for MCU. It is stand alone ADC to work directly with 7-segment display. No point to try connecting it to MCU.

i applied same logic as given in datasheet i.e. anding busy and clock...then substracting 10001 from that count...but i am getting spikes only...i used T0 as timer and T2 to produce 125KHz...

and i am not expecting someone to do my job...i am asking for some help only....

adc7135 is not suitable for MCU. It is stand alone ADC to work directly with 7-segment display. No point to try connecting it to MCU.
I remember that these standalone ADCs have been used with processor interface at times when there wasn't the rich choice of processor compatible ADCs we have today, e.g. 30 years ago. Respectively there are MCU interface application circuits in 7135 datasheet.

i applied same logic as given in datasheet i.e. anding busy and clock...then substracting 10001 from that count
Which circuit are you particularly referring to? I have Intersil ICL7135 datasheet, there's no respective AND logic as far as I see.

I don't see principle problems to implement the 7135 to x51 interface. If you show your circuit, we can check it.

Then about which logic you are talking about....That AND logic is under the title BUSY...I am also referring Intersil ICL7135 datasheet...

That AND logic is under the title BUSY
Thanks, I was watching out for a schematic connecting these pins.

I referred to figure 15/16 for MCU interface.

Obviously there are different ways to synchronize the MCU to 7135 internal operation and to decode the digit display output.

Status
Not open for further replies.