Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Induction Motor and Torque behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaitanyab

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am simulating induction motor in MATLAB, I am just connecting 3 phase AC supply to the Motor and applying torque. I found out in the results that the torque varies with supply voltage and many times it is going higher than what I am applying, is that correct behavior? practically is that possible?

Regards,

CB Motor.jpg

Which quantity are you observing? Te?

YES, I was assuming it is same as Tm, why there are Two torques? Tm and Te what is the difference? can Te become higher than Tm? how to observe Tm? what is the relation ship between Te and Tm? thanks.

I'm not using the power electronics toolbox and not familiar with the details, but a cursory look at the documentation clarifies that Tm ("mechanical") and Te ("electrical") are not the same.

Studying the model design and relation of the different state variables should show why you observe the motor behavior as you do.

Search " asynchronous machine-mathworks". Down near the bottom of the page it has a section labeled Limatations. It says to add a parasitic load to prevent numerical oscillations. I wonder if this might be what your seeing. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.