Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise calculation for common source amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

somkp2017

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The output noise i have got from graph is just the input noise (from voltage source) multiplied by gain of amplifier. i am not getting whether the internal noise of Mosfet i.e. thermal noise and flicker noise is added or not in that output.
plzz suggest me some solution , how to find exact noise of the CS amplifier.
my project involves noise optimisation in a chopper-DDA cds amplifier . so i am struck in the very basic step...

Where did you get the graph from? Simulation? Are you doing a noise Simulation?

Yes, I m doing noise simulation in cadence. In analysis , i have chosen noise analysis.

In switched type of circuits, one should generally use pnoise analysis. Simple noise analysis may not give you expected results.

So are you using a noisy input source. What do you see if the input source noise is turned off?

In the DC voltage source i have a given 2.66799nV as an assumed value for noise in field- noise file name to check what kind of response i get . but it is showing as invalid file , may be i have to give noise file there . I m not getting what kind of noise files it is asking and where i would get them .

The noise file name parameter description from the Cadence manual says it needs a file name with frequency noise pairs data. I don't think the value you enter in there would be doing anything. Did you try simulating without entering anything in there and then see. Maybe the result you get is due to the internal MOS device.

Status
Not open for further replies.