Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD inductor on land pattern of different SMD inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Will the Wurth 7687714222 inductor be place-able on the land pattern for the MSS1260T inductor?

7687714222 inductor:
https://katalog.we-online.com/pbs/datasheet/7687714222.pdf

MSS1260T inductor:
https://www.coilcraft.com/pdfs/mss1260t.pdf

We appreciate that hand soldering would be fine for this replacement, but we are referring to the soldering of it in a reflow solder oven.

RED is 7687714222 Inductor

Blue is MSS1260T inductor

Capture.PNG

If your paste setup is good enough, that spread paste uniformly and Pick N Place machine place component exactly on the center, then you will not be a victim of thermal inertia or tombstoning. Obviously, the actual component will be small enough as compared to the BLUE land pattern.

Experts can help you better :)

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, i was figuring this should be common (making different smd inductors squat on pads of a different inductor)...after all, it would be highly expensive to get the PCB re-done......as you know, paste stencils for PCBs cost some £6000.

it would be highly expensive to ...

That's what you keep posting for months regarding your DALI project: you know your solutions are not ideal/correct, but want to get approval from this community that violating standards and rules doesn't matter. Then you go for the cheapest (not the correct) solution and surprise, your product fails all over the place.

That's what you keep posting for months regarding your DALI project: you know your solutions are not ideal/correct, but want to get approval from this community that violating standards and rules doesn't matter. Then you go for the cheapest (not the correct) solution and surprise, your product fails all over the place.

Yes Volker,

Trade-offs mostly come with compromised quality.

Hi,

..as you know, paste stencils for PCBs cost some £6000.
Why are the that expensive? Size?

I assume there will be much cheaper...maybe you can run the first batch with low cost stencils and do the high volume with high quality stencils.

The cheapest stencils I've seen are from pcb-pool.com they are free when you buy the PCBs from them.
The quality is at least good enough for some tests.

Klaus

Thanks, i was figuring this should be common (making different smd inductors squat on pads of a different inductor)...after all, it would be highly expensive to get the PCB re-done......as you know, paste stencils for PCBs cost some £6000.

Dear Treez,

I purchase Stencils from Hong Kong.

PCB Size is 6UB.

Use for following Essemtec Manual Printer
AAA.jpg

It has 1156 Pin BGA of ball size 0.6mm and few small 84 Pins BGAs of ball size 0.45mm, It is a dense board with mostly 0402 Packages.

This stencil give me about 1000 ( 1 Thousand ) cycles then I discard it.

Material Stainless Steel.

This cost me USD 300. ( 3 Hundred )

Thanks, so for a 150mm by 66mm all SMD PCB, the paste stencil would be about £500?
It has many 0402 resistors on it. -As well as a 64 pin TQFP micro with 0.5mm pitch.
Also it has five DPAK footprints with 0.3mm thermal vias in them.

Our contractor tells us the tooling cost etc for a new PCB would be about £6000...is this wrong?

The most expensive thing is the paste stencil?

Less than £50 for the stencil, may be £150 for a frame mounted stencil. Cheaper in Far East.

Thanks, so for a 150mm by 66mm all SMD PCB, the paste stencil would be about £500?
It has many 0402 resistors on it. -As well as a 64 pin TQFP micro with 0.5mm pitch.
Also it has five DPAK footprints with 0.3mm thermal vias in them.

Our contractor tells us the tooling cost etc for a new PCB would be about £6000...is this wrong?

The most expensive thing is the paste stencil?

I don't know why but £6000 figure is way high .

if you provide your paste layer, I can get you a sample quote. May be the manufacturer quote you the doorstep price. I do it thru some supplier between me and manufacturer.

Where the hell do you get the figure of £6K from?
Even a framed stencil should cost no more than +/-£250

Have you tried Tecan?

Thanks, is the paste stencil the most expensive thing in terms of the equipment etc needed to make a batch of new PCBs.?

Thanks, is the paste stencil the most expensive thing in terms of the equipment etc needed to make a batch of new PCBs.?

Not in our case, as we run USD 300 Stencil per 1000 PCBs. Comparing to our Product sales, it costs us nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back