Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS complex impedance port setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmei

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't know how to set the port impedance to be complex value for simulation of RFID tag antenna?

I want to use RFID chip which has the impedance of 12-j140. For the conjugate matching, I need to set the port impedance 12+j140.

However, the port impedance setting of HFSS only allows me to choose 50 ohms, not the complex value of 12+j140.

From the HFSS-Excitations-Assign_lumped port, I can only choose 50 ohms. How can I choose 12+j140? Thanks.

HFSS will compute the frequency response of the structure with 50 Ohm Zo first then if you wish, it will compute in according with your terminal impedance.
hfss.PNG

Go to HFSS/design settings/S parameter definition - choose "power".
You can also specify complex impedance defining the impedance as: 12 +1i*140. this should work (from 18.1 I think)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 393
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back