Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hspice waveform problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

an_82

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I simulated a circuit in HSpice 2008. The problem is that the output waveform is not accurate and is segmented. Please see the attached picture.
I used smaller step in .tran analysis, but it does not correct:

.tran 1n 2u

This problem does not exist in Hspice 2003.

photo_2017-11-09_09-06-55.jpg

Last edited:

Hard to say without seeing a circuit or waveform time scale. Besides minimal transient time step parameter, the result many be also affected by absolute and relative accuracy parameters. Different default parameters may cause the version difference.

Hard to say without seeing a circuit or waveform time scale. Besides minimal transient time step parameter, the result many be also affected by absolute and relative accuracy parameters. Different default parameters may cause the version difference.

Dear FvM,
I increased the time (lower frequency), but it does not change. It is interesting that the same Netlist is simulated correctly in 2003 !!

Minimum Time Step parameters should be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back