Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Contacting Rotary Joint Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesuschrist

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I need to design a contacting rotary joint from DC to 18 GHz but i don't know how. I tought of a slip ring but when I think about it, a ring would act like a rat race coupler depending on the frequency.So i might get nothing from the recieve port. It will have sma connection and 2 channels. You can see BN 153118 from Spinner. I checked some patents but i found mostly liquid contact ones using mercury.

Contacting joints in that bandwidth exist. Kevlin was one manufacturer. I am not sure if they exist today but you might try searching on them to get a start. Slip rings are certainly not the way to go. Your joint will probably take some form like a coax with sliding contacts on the center and shields. Add some chokes for confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back