Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Books on Subthreshold Conduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmanalo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I can say I have intermediate experience with Analog CMOS Design. I attended a local conference where a paper was presented. The subject was Low Power IoT Solutions. The author said that the devices operated in the subthreshold region.

This was discussed in my classes but not extensively, it seems to be an interesting thesis topic so I'd like to ask if anyone knows a good book or a reference where this is discussed in detail?

Best regards,
rmanalo

Check out this book: Tradeoffs and Optimization in Analog CMOS Design

Check out this link and the sources cited in the ppt.:https://www.cppsim.com/CircuitLectures/Lecture16.pdf

Also, if you're looking for subthreshold device physics, there are several good papers online, and a good book on the topic is: Operation and modeling of the MOS transistor by Tsividis.

archive.org has a lot of textbooks and I'd bet that a
search for "CMOS analog design" turns up plenty.

The "red rag" (IEEE JSSC) is going to have a ton of
subthreshold circuit design papers. But these are often
short on the descriptions of the missteps along the way
(where education lies) and more about "look what I did"
with not a lot of "secret sauce" discussion.

Thanks for all your help guys and sorry for responding too long, I got the ebooks and papers. Also, a colleague of mine told me to read up on weak inversion that would help with the basics. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.