Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] low voltage from flyback transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicbrainz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have these LG 14 inches colour tv that only work for short period of time...and go back to standby mode...immediately it enter standby mode all the components around the chopper will be getting hot...i.e the power transistor and the two resistors closer to it....and also the two resistors at the back of UTC2003 IC...please what is the way out?

Hello magicbrainz,
There is a possibility that the protection circuits are shutting the TV down. There's either
an over voltage fault or the fault lies in the protection circuit itself.
Firstly, prior to the set shutting down, check the voltage on the main filter capacitor.
Next, you need to check the main HT rail from the power supply. Though you really need
to find out its value for a more accurate evaluation.
You can also disable the HT rail, then fit a 100W globe across that said rail to determine
if its a PSU problem or a fault with the rest of the set.
Can you please provide us with the model number of your telly? I might be able to find a
schematic of the power supply at least.
Regards.
Relayer

thanks for the reply...but the model number of the telly is not written on the back of the casing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.