Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lvt cells along the critical path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash93

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lvt cells along critical path

How to use lvt cells along critical path and hvt cells everywhere else in 90nm technology

Re: Lvt cells along critical path

You don't have that type of coarse grain knob. You offer both libraries to the tools, they will mix and match accordingly.

How to do so? I could only manage to use hvt and lvt cells for my design in 90nm technology. I am not able to figure out on how to specify to the synopsys compiler that it needs to use lvt on critical path and hvt elsewhere. Can you suggest something?

How to do so? I could only manage to use hvt and lvt cells for my design in 90nm technology. I am not able to figure out on how to specify to the synopsys compiler that it needs to use lvt on critical path and hvt elsewhere. Can you suggest something?

read my post again. there is no way to do what you want, because there is no need to.

You could force the tool to use a faster data-path structure to help to reach the timing.
The Synthesis & PnR tools are able to choose the fastest cells if there is enough place to put the cells in the area.
Do you have an issue at the synthesis or during the PnR?

You could force the tool to use a faster data-path structure to help to reach the timing.
The Synthesis & PnR tools are able to choose the fastest cells if there is enough place to put the cells in the area.
Do you have an issue at the synthesis or during the PnR?

I believe you just confused the OP even more. He just has to load both libraries and perform synthesis. That's all.

I did the two-pass sythesis method and loaded the lvt library first and a hvt library later. This gave me just the switching power with a value and the remaining power values were 0.

I did the two-pass sythesis method and loaded the lvt library first and a hvt library later. This gave me just the switching power with a value and the remaining power values were 0.

It is NOT a two pass synthesis. It's one and one synthesis run only, but with 2 libraries. That simple.

Can you please tell me on how to specify two libraries at once? Do I have to change it in the synopsys_dc.setup file, I just started working with Synopsys so can you please give some details about it.

I am sure you can figure out this on your own if you spent one second looking at the script instead of just blindly running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back