Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Service manual for LCD Projector OPTOMA EzPro 615H

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexterbot80

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need your help in troubleshooting the EzPro615h LCD projector.
I mistakenly connected a broken DVD player to the video input and now the video input stops working :idea:

optoma video imput.jpeg
Thank you

Last edited:

Sometimes it works if you disconnect all power for 30 seconds or so. Let all circuits fall back to zero. Then reconnect power.

As for the faulty dvd player, put a meter on the output line, and see if it shows unusual volt levels.

- - - Updated - - -

If it produced extreme voltage (AC or DC) then it may give you a clue about troubleshooting your lcd projector.

Yes, If the projector is disconnected from the network for a few minutes when it starts, the Optoma logo appears on a blue screen but is not displayed correctly.
The image is distorted and disappears in a few seconds.
Then even if I press the menu button, the OSD menu is not displayed - the screen stays white completely.

The DVD was defective and on the output it was 35VDC :(

The image is distorted

On the chance the problem is not electronic but optical, look into the projector lamp and see if there is a curved mirror which reflects a bright projected image. Look for misaligned parts inside the bulb. This would be no easier to solve than an electrical problem.

The DVD was defective and on the output it was 35VDC :(

Consumer electronics ought to have protection from high voltage static charge, since it is common for appliances to share sparks (seen or unseen) as we plug them in.

Even if you have a schematic, it will be a tedious job to test small components. If you're lucky the 35V hurt just one or two capacitors rated for lower V. And even in that case you may need sophisticated instruments to track them down.

If the problem is optically, the image would be distorted but would not disappear within seconds after the projector was turned on. I'm right ?
I think he has an electronic problem.
When the projector was functional when pressing the SOURCE button or the MENU button, an OSD menu appears on the screen.
Now when I press the MENU or SOURCE buttons on the screen no longer displays anything - the screen stays white.
So I think the microchip responsible for displaying the OSD or that responsible for selecting the signal source is defective.IMAG2214.jpgIMAG2207.jpgIMAG2206.jpgIMAG2205.jpgView attachment EZPRO 615H IC Datashet.rar

If the problem is optically, the image would be distorted but would not disappear within seconds after the projector was turned on. I'm right ?

Yes, there is no obvious cause and effect from exposure to 35V, and the distorted image. Yet any series of links of cause and effect is worth considering. For your shutoff problem, we might first think it could be triggered by overly high temperature building quickly somewhere, perhaps inside the bulb or an IC.

Perhaps the distorted image could be caused by physical distortion of parts in the bulb, or faulty electrical signals going to the bulb, etc.

Perhaps exposure to 35V caused a problem in one spot for a brief moment, but then that momentary problem caused a new problem elsewhere forever after. You're looking for any obvious clue that will allow you to track down a non-obvious problem.

Hello dexterbot80,
Try tracing back from the video input socket to see if there are any chip fuses and SMD inductors that may have gone open circuit.
Also any SMD zener diodes that have shorted.
An ohms measurement from the video input to ground should tell you if there is a short somewhere.
I would say that something has gone wrong at the input that was exposed to the 35V from your faulty DVD player.
Your OSD is separate from the input, though if its not displaying correctly, then more damage was done than just it displaying
a blank screen.
Regards,
Relayer

Status
Not open for further replies.