Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Voltage Technology file

Status
Not open for further replies.

deardeepa76

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I want to work on charge pump circuit and need HV MOSFETs for the circuit. How can I get HV Technology file, what is the procedure? Is there any open source HV Technology file available. Please give u'r inputs,

Thanks,
Deepa

Dear Deepa,

which process do you have in mind? What voltage do you understand as HV? For earlier processes (> 0.5µm) HV then was 40V, even 70V. For nowadays' submicron processes even 2.5V could be HV.

And: which design/layout tool/software do you use? HV (resp. all) MOSFET models must fit to an individual process and to the design tool in use.

Hi Erikl,

Thanks for the response. My Charge Pump circuit is for pacemaker and voltage level at the maximum will be 15V. I want to use HV MOSFETs of 0.35µm BCD Technology or any of the HV technology files from TSMC, AMS etc., I am using Cadence for design and layout.

... voltage level at the maximum will be 15V. I want to use HV MOSFETs of 0.35µm BCD Technology or any of the HV technology files from TSMC, AMS etc.

So you ought to get a C@dence PDK from one of these foundries - possibly via MOSIS or similar provider.
The PDK will contain all what you need: simulation models, schematics, symbols, abstracts, layouts, and the tech. file(s), of course.

So you ought to get a C@dence PDK from one of these foundries - possibly via MOSIS or similar provider.
The PDK will contain all what you need: simulation models, schematics, symbols, abstracts, layouts, and the tech. file(s), of course.

Hi Erikl,
Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to get Cadence PDK from MOSIS free of cost for educational research purpose or should that be purchased from them?
My research is not funded one, so is there any other way to get HV technology files? Who are other providers of technology files?

Is it possible to get Cadence PDK from MOSIS free of cost for educational research purpose or should that be purchased from them?
You'll have to register with MOSIS. University students can get it free for educational research purpose, via their universitys' MOSIS account. Otherwise you'd have to pay for.

... is there any other way to get HV technology files? Who are other providers of technology files?
There are more providers than MOSIS, mainly universities and research institutions. And of course all semiconductor fabs and foundries - but they offer their technology for (very) high volume production only.

You'll have to register with MOSIS. University students can get it free for educational research purpose, via their universitys' MOSIS account. Otherwise you'd have to pay for.

There are more providers than MOSIS, mainly universities and research institutions. And of course all semiconductor fabs and foundries - but they offer their technology for (very) high volume production only.

Hi Erikl,

Instead of specific foundries, if I want to use GPDK then which technology node would provide HV MOSFETs that can withstand 10-12V output?

Can you please provide links of universities that provide technology files?

Thanks,
Deepa

Instead of specific foundries, if I want to use GPDK
AFAIK GPDKs are for educational purpose only. The technology file probably can't be changed - this wouldn't make sense, because a lot of additional cells would be necessary to work with.

which technology node would provide HV MOSFETs that can withstand 10-12V output?
You already provided two of those in post #3. MOSIS shows additional foundries (e.g. ON Semi). Technology nodes for this voltage are mainly 0.5µm & 0.35µm, but I've also used 0.25µm & 0.18µm processes with such HV (always for high volume production).

Can you please provide links of universities that provide technology files?
Universities usually ask for student registration, so you should find such a university in your country. We can't know where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back