Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS, model extends infinitely along "one" direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

YenyungChang

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I attached a picture of the model I am working on now. I am simulating a plane wave traveling from -y to +y (blue axis), entering the bent parallel plate waveguide from the slit on the left and exit from the right, and I would like the parallel plate to extend infinitely along x (green axis), so I can have realistic low-frequency TM mode. For now I am just making the extension much larger than the wavelength, which makes it impossible to simulate at tens THz, providing the computation resource I have. I have tried to use floquet port+master/slave boundaries, but as you can see, since I only want it to extend one direction, the floquet port is not surrounded by periodic boundaries and doesn't work. Please help, thanks!

Yen-Yung

Screenshot from 2017-10-30 10-53-58.png

Welcome, YenyungChang

A wave port simulates an infinitely long structure, by providing field profiles corresponding to ideal (user-selected) modes. This sounds like what you want to use.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back