Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST waveguide port and lumped components in the schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

2mmm2

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have a doubt regarding the waveguide port: you can place a waveguide port in the 3D representation, then in the schematic you can see a pin coming out from your structure and this represents the waveguide port, but in the schematic representation. So in the schematic can I connect lumped elements, to that port? for example, I want to model a situation in which I have a piece of waveguide and in one end (in the schematic) I connect a RC series and I want to modify the length of that waveguide on order to match it to that RC impedance at the frequency that I want. Is that a valid representation? does then my matched waveguide show the impedance of the RC series in every point of the trasversal plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back