Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can't remove the object

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eagle pcb.pngeagle 2.png

Please refer with images.
This is push button from eagle pcb which i'm using in the circuit.
I can't remove the center round in switch while editing in the library.Two rounds in switch are cutting the tracks while generating the PDF file for manufacturing and reference.Please give steps to remove the circles from the switch.

Hi,

display layer "holes":
print: [dis hole;][enter]

then you can delete them.

Are you sure you want to delete them? because they usually are for mecahnical bolts.

Klaus

Hi,

display layer "holes":
print: [dis hole;][enter]

then you can delete them.

Are you sure you want to delete them? because they usually are for mecahnical bolts.

Klaus

I disabled the holes also,but still showing the circle.If I enabled holes means I can see another one inner circle in existing one.
Except that two circles,remaining everything are able to delete but those two circles are not able delete also.

- - - Updated - - -

I disabled the holes also,but still showing the circle.If I enabled holes means I can see another one inner circle in existing one.
Except that two circles,remaining everything are able to delete but those two circles are not able delete also.

Please refer the image "eagle pcb".Like this I moved the objects,except those two circles and tried to delete those circles but I can't delete the circle.

Is there some feature like layer selectability that you have
to toggle, in the layer table? (I work in IC CAD tools, not
PCB)

Is the problem perhaps that PDF prints -everything- and
"black is black", when you really wanted layer by layer
Gerber output (so these things that look like text or
mechanical, do not get to bother the metal data?

Hi,

I disabled the holes also,but still
Read my post again.
Don't disable.
You need to enable (=display) the "holes" layer...to be able to delete the hole.

Klaus

ISTR that those holes are usually for plastic pegs on the bottom of the switch.
Why not simply rotate the switch 90 degrees, then you can route between all the holes.

To me that would be a far better resolution than removing features that would have been put there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back