Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add logo in Gerber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathishsvm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have gerber file, i need to put company logo in silkscreen top.
how can i add please let me know any one.

Hi,

If the Logo is already in gerber format then you just may add it with a text editor.
Not a nice job to do, because you need to take care of the X and Y offset of the logo.

I assume with the professional version of GraphiCode´s GC-Prevue you can do this with a graphical tool. WYSIWYG.
There may be other gerber editors that can do this.

BTW.
We add our logo in the PCB layout editor.

Klaus

If you manage to scale and offset the logo gerber correctly and assign unique apertures, you can even merge it into your existing gerber file with a text editor.

I personally use GC-PrevuePlus for gerber editing, panel generation and similar operations. But there are many other tools that can be used, including some free tools as far as I'm aware of.

I used to be able to do something similar using GC-Prevue alone.
I was lucky that my fab house also had GC-CAM (the front end editing version) so I only had to import the logo etc. into a new layer, offset it to it's desired location then save it all as a GWK file (Graphicodes native format) and send that.
Later when I got editing software it was even easier.

There are freeware Gerber programs that will export also, so if you can import, combine layers and export then its easy. :) (sorry cannot remember any names)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back